Well we are back from our journey to Oklahoma! We had a great time seeing everyone! I am so happy I got the opportunity to get back home. So we are home, and my goodness is it hard getting back "into the swing of things"!! I have been so tired! For 10 days I have been waking up a little later, going to bed way late and now I am totally off schedule! So are my kids! This week has been nothing but that!
Even though I am sad to have left "home" in OK, and I super excited to be back home to AZ! Why??? Because after 4 mths of waiting I am finally able to start painting!! I have saved up money to do so, and I am STOKED! I hate white walls! So I have picked out a neutral "tanish" color to go on my walls as a main color. This color will go through the whole entire house, hallways and all. Then for my formal living and dining room I have picked out an earth tone green to go on two of the walls as an accent color! I can't wait to put up pics when I am done! Then after all the paint is dry I am hanging my new curtains (for the family room/kitchen) they are super cute and are going to make if feel warm and cozy! I love warm/neutral colors in my home, because I like for it to give a warm/cozy feel. The curtains in the formal area have the same colors scheme that the family/kitchen has but in a more "elegant" way. I can't wait until it is all done!
We bought a foreclosure (that is only 3 yrs old) home so there are lots of marks on the wall, ugh. You see when you buy a new home (like our old house) the builders use a "flat" paint. Which means EVERY time you touch the walls, the grease from your fingers makes a mark because the flat paint is like chalk! Then when you go to wipe it off it spreads..UGH! That is what drove me crazy about our old house, I was constantly wiping the walls, b/c if you didn't keep up with it, it would look dirty. Well the previous people who lived in this home didn't keep up with it...and it is so out of control I don't know where to begin! You can't really tell in the pics, but up close you can. So every time someone comes over I always feel the need to explain that it was not my doing, that our home was foreclosed and came that way....AND that we are waiting to paint it! But after this week..I wont have to say that anymore!!! YEAH!!!!! Because all of it will be done!
I hope to put up pics after this week end! Keep checking to see!!! Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment