Thursday, October 22, 2009

School, School, School

Well I am glad to say that I am getting closer, so close!

The Story....
Well I graduated high school May of 2000, I went to college that Fall and then Spring of 2001. Then I got married after my second semester of college (May of 01). Well, 3 months later when I was supposed to start school again I found out I was prego! So I ended up not going back..... silly me.


Now.....
Well I started back in the Fall of 2006, and here we are 3 yrs later. During that time I took 2 semesters off, and here I am 2 semesters from moving on to my Bachelors program! Yeah it took me 3 yrs to finish my Associates, but I am okay with it, because I started out going half time, and just recently bumped it up to full time. So it is to be expected to take more time.


The bad part....
The sucky thing about it is, the classes I need are only offered during the Spring and Fall semesters, so I can't get it done in the Spring and Summer semesters! UGH! So where I would normally be starting at the University in the Fall of 2010, I am going to have to wait until the Spring of 2011, ugh! I am hoping that some how some way those classes will end up opening up once we get closer to summer, that way I can star next Fall.


The Good Part....
Once I get started, it will be nonstop! I will take one class every 5 wks! Isn't that great! That means I will only have to drive to the school one night a week and stay there for 4 hours! I don't have to worry about having to find time to go to school during the day 3-5 times a week! Nope! Just one day for 4 hours! Love it! So by the time my student teaching is done I should be graduating Spring of 2013!!!!!


Rewarding.....
It hasn't been easy going to school while being a wife and a mom of 2 kids... Yeah, I stay home, but since Fall of 2007 I have watched kids from my home. Going to school hasn't meant just my commitment, it has also meant my hubby's too! He has had to watch the kids on some evening for me to either go to class, or do homework. So I totally appreciate that! Most of the time I am up late doing my homework, because there is just no time when everyone is awake to get it done.


The Future.....
I am so excited! We will be having 2 great incomes, well my income will be teachers income... so technically 1 great income, and 1 good income ;) Hey, its 2 incomes either way you look at it! Even though I will be teaching, I am not going to stop schooling. I am going to start right away on my Masters degree (that will increase my pay yippee!). Graduating couldn't happen at a better time in our lives. Our kids will be getting older.... means we'll be needing more $$ Sure right now we are making it, we sacrifice a lot. We don't eat out but maybe 1-2 times a month and that means fast food too! We (the parents) don't buy new shoes, clothes, etc for ourselves unless we NEED it. We live according to our means not ABOVE our means, meaning we don't use credit cards (b/c that would put us over our head in debt), we pay our bills, gas, groceries, and save a little every week. Is it hard sometimes? Umm yes but no. We have a nice house, nice cars, nice things and food on the table. We don't need to go out to eat, we don't need to buy new things all the time. The kids are small they aren't at an age asking for crazy things. That is why when we have 2 incomes it will come at a perfect time. Brooklyn will be 10, Alex 6 and hopefully we will have another little one that is 2 :) **workin' on that now ;p**


Anyway, those are my thoughts for today as I venture into town to get things for schooling.

No comments: