We had so much fun on Thanksgiving! It was a little busy for me personally because I cooked everything :) I loved it, and it was a good busy. My in laws came in on Wed, and just left this morning. It was a wonderful visit! We had fun playing Dice! Putting up our Christmas lights, and tree, BBQing, and just hanging out with each other.
I have to show you my turkey!! It came out so pretty!! I am also going to put in a picture of one of the sides that I made, it is called "Marinated Butternut Squash" it was my first time making it. Everyone ate it and then had seconds, so that is a good sign :) OH and I can't forget the yummy homemade pies, and sweet potato roll that I made! This was the first year I made the sweet potato roll.... I was really worried about it, that I was going to crack the bread part while rolling it. But it turned out perfect! I am so happy that it did!
I really enjoy cooking so it was a lot of fun for me. Here is what we had for our Thanksgiving Dinner.....
Turkey
Gravy (from the Turkey drippings)
Cornbread Dressing (family recipe)
Mashed Potatoes (YUM)
Marinated Butternut Squash (new!)
Green Bean Casserole (always!)
Cranberry Salad (so yummy!!)
Pecan Pie (my papa's recipe)
Sweet Potato Pie (also my papa's recipe)
Sweet Potato Roll (first time! My mom's idea)
The Turkey!!

Pecan Pie, Sweet Potato Roll, & Sweet Potato Pie
No comments:
Post a Comment