Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How do you define your Happiness?

This is a question that a lot of people probably ask themselves… “Am I happy?”. Well…. are you? If so, how is it defined in your life? Or how do you rate your happiness? Is it by Love? Money? Success? Your kids? What you buy? What you have? What you wear? Shoes? What?

For me, this question is very easy to answer. Its is NOT about money/what we buy/have or wear by any means. My husband and I are not “wealthy” people. I am a stay at home mom/full time college student. Doesn’t that explain enough? LOL! I don’t plan on ever being happy with money or material things, that is just crazy. For goodness sakes I am going to school to be a teacher! Yeah, I could go out and get a job, and put my kids in daycare and put 75% of my paycheck towards daycare/gas/and taxes. That would be ridiculous to work for 25% of my pay. So I stay at home, and continue to go through school and know that when I graduate we will eventually have 2 incomes. I am not one of those “proud” women who feels like I am important because I bring in half of the income…. no it isn’t like that. I don’t think it should ever be like that, but that is my opinion. You and your husband need to work together and decide what is best for your family. So we have decides to make temporary sacrifices for ourselves. Because we know in the end, it will be worth it, and I don’t have to feel guilty about not being with my kids or not having a college degree.

So, what makes me happy? How do I define my happiness? Very simple, I have the love of Jesus Christ, and with that you cannot go wrong. I have been a Christian since I was 10yrs old, I have grown up in church, and been surrounded by Christians my whole life. Call me sheltered, sure. But you know what, that is okay with me! I hated that my mom gave me a 9pm curfew during the week, and a 10pm curfew on the weekends when I was a SENIOR in high school!! But, you know what looking back, I get it. I grew up right, and grew up knowing who to trust in, Christ. If you have Christ as the CENTER of your life, then everything will fall into place. Your marriage, your finances, your home, your kids, family, friends and the list goes on. I am truly blessed and completely happy with every aspect of my life. Yes, times get hard, but you know what if you continue to focus on the truth, then you will not go wrong. I don’t care if I don’t have brand new clothes/shoes/purse/etc. I don’t need it, I am a bargain/craigslist/consignment shopper! I wont buy it unless its on sale! You will NOT catch me buying myself a pair of jeans over $30, can’t do it. As long as our needs are taken care of, we’re good :) God will bless the faithful. It may take a long time, but he promises us that if we are true to him, he will bless us. Just remember that :)

No comments: