Well, today marks our 5 year Anniversary! I can’t believe that Diego and I have been married 5 yrs!! I will never forget the day he asked me to marry him…..
5 yrs ago he came and visited me in AZ. He took me out to dinner, and that night I decided I wanted to have more than one Cosmo…If you know me, I am good with 1 drink. If I have more than one, I get very giggly! Well, it ended up not being such a bad idea that I was a little giggly that night... Let me tell you why….
See Diego had been planning to propose to me, he had the most wonderful idea too! He was going to put my engagement ring in a fortune cookie. Well after trying to stuff it into many fortune cookies and them braking he decided for a different route. He took me out to dinner and he was going to give the waitress my ring to put on a dessert and have it brought out to me and propose when I saw the ring on top of this beautiful dessert. Well unfortunately it didn’t happen that easy….
He spoke to the waitress before (he went to the bathroom for me to not know) telling her that he was going to put the ring under the napkin of one of the plates for her to pick up. That way she could with out me knowing get the ring and put it on the dessert. Well, there came a complication. The waitress took the plates, and forgot. So she through everything in the trash then the plate with the dirty dishes. So this is why it was good that I was a little tipsy..eh I mean “giggly” that night. Diego was called over the intercom that he had a phone call…well if I would have been in my right mind I would have TOTALLY realized “Uhh he doesn’t even live here, why would he have a call?!?!” Well I didn’t. It went over my head so fast! I was like “Okay baby, hurry back!” He was gone forever!! Then he came back, then he told me he needed to go to the bathroom, and again gone forever! Well this happened about 3 times, then my Cosmo started to wear off and I began to ask questions. Then finally before they were answered here comes this beautiful dessert with a ring on top of it…. but it wasn’t an engagement ring. It was the wedding band part. Which I was totally okay with, but I could tell something was wrong. So after they brought the dessert out and he proposed he told me the story.,,,
The reason why he kept getting up was because the waitress threw away my ring. So Diego was in the back digging through bags of trash!! He was soooo MAD! I felt so bad for him, the waitress was crying, and he was just really upset because he had planned this proposal to go so perfectly. So afterwards we went into the trash and both started digging… Needless to say we got a free meal that night, LOL!!! AND we haven’t ever ate at that restaurant again… ha! I love the story of our engagement, its so funny and I have such good memories from it!
So here we are today, 5yrs later. We have a beautiful family together, a baby girl on the way, a house, great cars, job security and a stable life together. He works so I can go to school full time to earn my degree to become a teacher, and it allows me to stay at home with our kids so that I can give them the best I can at home. I support him and his job 100% he is an amazing dad, and husband and I couldn’t ask for anything more. We have had a great 5 yrs with lots of amazing memories shared together. I am so excited to see where our life will be in 5 more years. I know I will be teaching, and hopefully he will be done or almost done with his degree too :) It will be interesting to see how different our life will be then. But I don’t want to rush those 5 yrs, I am so happy with where my life is at now, I wouldn’t change that for the world. If the world could move a little bit slower I would be a lot happier!! :) I need my babies to stay little, as well as my self stay young and in my 20’s, LOL!!
Angela :)
No comments:
Post a Comment