Okay so I have to tell you, we had… oh man I can’t believe I am going to say this, but we had Tuan Helper for dinner. Oh my! Did I say that out loud?!?! I did! How sad, how sad is that? Okay please, don’t get me wrong. I am not putting down the glorious Tuna Helper and all the amazing calories, not to mention the high sodium this scrumptious meal has to offer! But I am someone who loves to cook, who takes pride in making dinner, baking, and etc. So for me to make Tuna Helper is rather embarrassing.
Why, why do you ask did I make this wonderful boxed meal? Well, honestly its sad. Its sad for a couple of reasons.
1. We are broke. Yup. Broke. Well, we always seem to be broke. But this month we’re broke-so broke I bought tuna helper for dinner which brings me to my next point….
2. Tuna helper in all cost me $2.50 to make! How sad is that! It cost less to feed your family boxed food, than to make a good wholesome meal from scratch!
Being broke is one thing, and you just live with it. You don’t or can’t live for it. Because if you did, you would stress, and stressing isn’t good for you or your family. Honestly I am pregnant and I don’t need to stress, so we make lemons out of lemonade! Right? Or in my case we go to the store and buy a couple cans of tuna, tuna helper and bam. You got dinner. :)
But what bothers me the most, is the fact that its so cheap to eat unhealthy! This is why Americans are so obese today, is because of the convenience of food! You can go to Taco Bell, and have a meal off the “dollar” menu rather than going and making your own taco’s at home! OR you can have a burger at a fast food restaurant of your choice for less that making one! Craziness! Right? Right.
In light of all this, I do have to tell you local folks about an AMAZING find! Quite a few of my friends go here and I have been meaning to check it out. So this past Friday Diego was off work, for the first time in it seems like an eternity… but anyway he was off. So, we went out about 15 miles from our home to this local produce market. Can you believe that I got a 10lb of russet potatoes for .99 cents! I didn’t even have to wait for it to go on sale that the grocery store, they are .99 cents all the time!! Whooo Hooo!! Not to mention blueberries were 2 for 3 bucks! That is 2 pints of blueberries for 3 bucks!!! AND they had strawberries on the same deal!! Strawberries are a must for me these days, YUM! Well, anyway if you want to know about this lovely find, just send me an email or comment and I’ll be happy to share with you!!!
Its late… very late, and I really need to get into bed. Night-Night :)
Angela ;
No comments:
Post a Comment